He worked for other firms before starting Anthem with Shulman to fill a need for better customer service and satisfactory results in the back taxes resolution industry. Before going any further, let’s address the fact that the tax relief industry has a negative reputation — you need to really try to avoid the worst tax relief firms. The Federal Trade Commission has harsh words about this industry. The consumer protection agency calls tax relief companies «fraudsters,» or tax relief scams. It claims that these companies advertise aggressively and make tax debt relief promises they can’t keep.
- This year, the federal government has passed several bills that offer relief to Americans who have been impacted by COVID-19,…
- The Better Business Bureau issues a rating that outlines how well the tax relief company deals with consumer complaints and its overall reputability and customer service.
- They have also received an A+ rating from the BBB as well.
- You can discuss your tax troubles and learn more about the company and its services, fees, etc.
- When it comes to providing personalized, knowledgeable service and getting satisfactory results for their customers, Anthem Tax Services delivers.
- These results are not a guarantee of individual results nor are they representative of results from other IRS and state tax resolution programs.
Local tax relief companies aren’t professional marketers like the people who run the big tax relief companies. They spend their time helping clients and staying on top of the tax code. They don’t have time to research marketing algorithm changes. A Polston Tax resolution professional can provide taxpayers with specific information about their IRS account status, including the amount owed, penalties and interest, and more.
We’ll take care of your taxes so you can get back to your business.
Dealing with tax debt can be stressful, especially once tax penalties start adding up. That’s why many people turn to tax relief companies for help. The best tax relief services can work with the IRS or state tax agencies on your behalf to reach a tax resolution. J. Top Rated Tax Resolution Firm David Tax Law Firm has been in business for five years. David offers custom tax solutions to clients facing all types of tax cases. They can offer back tax assistance from levies, wage garnishment, Social Security garnishment, and both federal and state tax liens.
- In fact, the professional who reviews your case may even recommend steps to resolve the situation on your own.
- The current industry standard is a minimum tax debt of $10,000.
- Optima Tax Relief is a full service Tax Resolution firm that can handle almost any IRS or State Tax Issue.
- If you’re not happy with their services within your first month, you can get the money you paid back in full.
- For the purpose of this guide, we compared dozens of tax relief companies to find the best of the best.
- This is a great way to build an unbiased opinion on a company’s ability to provide the level of service you expect.
Each tax relief company below was evaluated on a variety of factors including reputation, fees, reviews, minimum debt required, and tax relief programs offered. Working with a reputable tax relief firm may dramatically reduce the stress and financial burden of unpaid taxes, but that relief comes at a cost. Tax relief companies will offer a free consultation, but the actual tax relief service will often cost you up to several thousand dollars. That’s why so many of the best tax relief companies have minimum debt limits to ensure that you don’t lose more money paying them than you gain in tax relief programs.
Best Tax Companies For Back Tax Assistance
Although working with a tax relief service can be pricey, they can provide excellent assistance to consumers suffering with tax problems. Lastly, be on the look-out for those companies that do not offer a refund or a money-back guarantee. Any reputable service that cares about helping their clients will have some sort of refund policy or money-back clause in their agreement.
- If they determine you have options to reduce your tax debt, they will get in touch with you to discuss your options.
- Community Tax offers extensive tax relief services for individuals and small businesses.
- As a result, working with a tax relief company can help to make the audit process less daunting and more manageable.
- One of those scams was 8 Figure Dream Lifestyle, which touted a “proven business model” and told…
- If you decide to proceed, you’ll get a dedicated Community Tax case manager to keep you informed of any developments and guide you through the tax resolution process.